Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Faith, Art, Transformation - The Why

The thought that God put in my head and in my heart, that inspired this path I am currently on.  I have known forever that I wanted to make art with God's words.  I have just never been an artist.  I have a talent for interior design that I was blessed with, like my Mama's.  But I will just say I have never developed my artistic abilities.  So, one day I was on Pinterest (LOVE IT) and saw something I really, REALLY liked.  And the seed was planted. I had been seriously considering going back to work in the media world.  Of course, going back to work full time for me means leaving parts of my life behind.  Huge parts. Not only would I have to consider where my children would stay when they are not in school, but I have to give up my Usborne Books book fair business, and my "Women of Impact" Monday morning bible study.  Our little group that God has grown from a few women sitting around a kitchen table to a room packed with women representing 7 different area churches!  God has changed me from someone who walked into the leadership of that group reluctantly, to someone who actually is comfortable in front of 20 + women. Wow.  THIS IS HUGE.  My biggest fear was public speaking.  Today, I continue to follow Him, trusting that He will give me whatever I need to do what He has asked.  So, I begin on this thrilling journey into endless possibilities that He has laid out for me.

<><><><><><> </> <><><><><><> </> <><><><><><> </>
My scripture "words of life"

Yes, yes I know I still haven't actually said what "Plan A" is... and I have no idea why I called it Plan A when I can't even show you pictures of my ideas yet.  I just do things a little backwards sometimes. Ask my husband, he will agree.  But about this I will say, it is inspirations... mainly from scripture.. made into something beautiful for homes.  Yes, my original inspiration is from God's words. Life changing words. Transforming words.  This is a picture of my "Words of Life" cards that have become such an integral part of me. 

I have taken Beth Moore's advice and taken scriptures over the years and kept them with me at all times.  I read them in the mornings when I can, or I keep them on my bathroom mirror and on my refrigerator and read them all day long.  And when I say I read them, I mean I read them out loud and make them apply directly to me.
Eph. 4:2 "I will be humble and gentle in every way. I will be patient with everyone and lovingly accept others."
Phil 3:beg. in vs. 5 "Today, my gentleness will be evident to everyone. I will not be anxious about anything, but I will, with thanks and praise, make my requests to God.  And HIS PEACE, which is above all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.  I will think about things that are true, noble, pure, excellent, praiseworthy and admirable.  And the GOD of PEACE will be with me TODAY!"
I did this first as individual scriptures handwritten in an index card notebook, and they have now grown to the point that I have to use my computer to lay them out in index card style and print them out. I save them and add to them, as more are laid on my heart.  

These words are TRANSFORMING! They are words that spoken out of our mouths, become life!
Deut. 30: 18-20 "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." I believe that when we choose to speak positive words, particularly scripture, into our lives, that God says OK she's with me and now "So it is!" He sets things into action according to what we believe AND what we speak.  You never know the path your words are taking you, until you stop and think about what you are saying. 

So, yes, this "Faith, Art & Transformation" comes from a place of transformation in my own life.  It comes from a gratefulness rooted deep in my soul for the "words" of life that scripture sets out before us.  I am a transformation.  Jesus IS the Lord of my life, but like everyone else I have my bad days.  Those days when the busyness of our life keeps me from making time for God. Moments when anxiety sets in and I forget to stay connected to the Vine, to let go and let God.  But this one simple habit, can make the difference.  Words that speak life into my soul. 
John 7:38 "Because I believe in Jesus, from my innermost being flow rivers of living water."
May they speak life into yours. Rivers of living water, I pray.

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you on this journey...a journey I know that God has chosen for you. Love this post and love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He sets things into action according to what we believe AND what we speak." LOVE these words!!! I'm going to quote you on this!! Thanks for sharing and being so uplifting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope and pray that my words will uplift. Thanks, Cora.

      Delete
  3. Bethanne, I am just sitting here in amazement. See, I still remember all those years where you were so unsure of what to believe being brought up by a different belief. Oh my goodness how God has done a true miracle in your life! You are such an example of what Jesus can do for someone. I am so proud of you and am so thankful you know the Lord Jesus Chirst as your savior and Lord!It is so evident just by seeing what you are writing. The words you spoke in your blog are so true! I am looking forward to following your blog and seeing what you are going to do. I do know how talented you are! Your mom would be sooooo proud of you! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sniffle, sniffle. Thank you Shea. You are very dear to my heart!

      Delete